Monday, February 2, 2009

Life Lessons from my Mom


Mom it has been four years now since you passed away, and I think about you every day!!
I wanted to make a tribute to you by listing a few of the millions of things you have taught me
.
-I was not born in a barn!
-Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
-Always stand up for what you I
believe, even if I am the only one around that believes it
-I am the one that has to sleep at night.
-Always follow my intuitions, if something seems not quite right, it probably isn't.
-Try to get along with my sisters, because they will become my best friends.
-Nothing is EVER so bad that a lunch date can't help.
-I can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
-Love with all your heart, that is why we are here.
-Don't be afraid to act goofy and have fun
-Make the time for myself and so something I enjoy.
-It's really not too bad to have a room full of fabric and craft supplies, I always have something to do.
-It will work out somehow it always does.
-If I say I am going to do something I better do it
-DON'T EVER GIVE UP!
-I have to taste everything at least once before I can say I don't like it.
-Cupboard doors and light switches really do work both ways.
-The only way it is going to get done is if I do it.
-Having a good sense of humor can get me through tough times.
-Sometimes I need to pick my battles.
-I cant spoil my kids with love (only with things)
-It is actually kind of fun to let the kids give you a mohawk!!

Mom you taught me so many things I don't have room to list them all. I hope that I can be the kind of mom to my kids that you were to me. I miss you so much, I am so glad that I know I will see you again!!
Thank You!!


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I loved the little sayings I am glad you now have them recorded and can continue to cherish them. I think I could have learned a lot from your mom. Sounds like she was a smart lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me giggle...and cry...all at the same time! She did have such a way about her didn't she! She was such a ....there really aren't the right words to do her justice. Glad I was able to know her, I am a better person because of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jody this post is amazing. Im sorry that I didn't comment before but it made me cry, and laugh. I miss mom so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tribute!!! You did a great job and it made me tear up just remembering things that we both have said that our mom said! She was lucky to have you kids and she loved you sooo much! You ARE a great mom! I also think the haircut is cute!

    ReplyDelete